Urgent Care Medical Services in Savannah Area and Lowcountry
Your Urgent Care Centers can provide care for a large variety of medical conditions.
However, we are not an emergency room and have limitations on the care that we can provide.
Go to the Emergency Room if you have the following symptoms:
1. Severe chest pain, particularly if you have a history of heart disease, diabetes or high blood pressure.
2. Severe shortness of breath, particularly if you have a history of congestive heart failure or COPD.
3. A head injury that caused you to lose consciousness, vomit or have a severe headache.
4. Symptoms of a stroke that would include loss of use of your facial muscles, arms or legs; Sudden onset of numbness or tingling; Double vision.
5. You think you have broken a bone and the bone poked through the skin.
6. Severe abdominal pain which may be accompanied by vomiting.
7. You are pregnant and think you are having a miscarriage.
8. Symptoms of severe depression that is making you think about taking your own life or hurting someone else.
9. You have chronic pain and need your pain medication refilled.
10. You have chronic anxiety and need to have your prescription for anxiety medications refilled.
Some of the non-life threatening problems that we treat include:
- Breathing problems: Coughs, colds, wheezing, mild asthma attacks, influenza, sinus infections and bronchitis
- Ear problems: Ear infections, earaches, foreign object in the ear, and ear wax removal
- Eye problems: Red eye, pink eye, and styes
- Migraines and headaches
- Musculoskeletal problems: Sprains, strains, and broken bones
- Skin problems: Rashes, minor burns cuts/scrapes, lacerations, bites, poison ivy, and abscesses/boils
- Stomach problems: Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, constipation, heartburn symptoms, and abdominal pain
- Urinary problems: Bladder and urinary tract infections
- STD testing
- Work Injuries
- Physicals: School physicals, sport physicals, DOT physicals, DMV physicals, Employment physicals
Urgent / Urgent Care vs Emergency Rooms
When you need immediate treatment for a non-life threatening medical ailment, illness, or accidental injury but your preferred primary care provider’s office is closed or unable to see you within 24 hours, what do you do? For many, the first reaction is to make a trip to the local Emergency Room, where patients with the most serious and life-threatening conditions are treated first and the average cost per visit is well over $1,000.
On average, visits to an Urgent Care Center result in treatment that is around seven times less expensive than an Emergency Room visit. Urgent Care Centers are able to treat 88.6% of patients within one hour or less, compared with only 12.5% of Emergency Rooms visitors that are able to be treated in one hour or less.
BOD POD Body Scans
St. Joseph's/Candler Urgent Care-Bluffton offers the only BOD POD scanner in the region. Only the BOD POD can give a true picture of your body composition—fat vs. lean muscle mass.
Who Can the BOD POD Help?
- Individuals – adults and children who want to lose weight and improve their overall condition
- Personal Trainers and Fitness Coaches – who want a truly accurate body composition measurement for their clients
- Athletic Teams – who want to be more competitive
- Companies – who want to institute or improve employee wellness plans and reduce insurance costs.
A five-minute BOD POD scan provides a measurement of your body composition (fat vs. lean muscle mass). The BOD POD also offers Resting Metabolic Rate (RMR) and Total Energy Expenditure (TEE) information as part of every body composition assessment. Multiple BOD POD Scan packages are useful when measuring progress over time with a fitness/weight loss program. Printed results available immediately. BY APPOINTMENT ONLY.
BOD POD is located at:
St. Joseph's/Candler Urgent Care
3 Progressive Street
Bluffton, SC 29910
For appointments, call 843-548-0533.
Insurance and Costs
We are in network with most insurances, including:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Care Network
- Medicaid **(**currently our Bluffton, SC location only accepts Medicaid -- no CMO plans)
- TRICARE (NEW for 2018: UNLIMITED Urgent Care visits without a referral for Tricare Prime)
- United Healthcare
*Verify your plan inclusion and benefits by contacting your insurance carrier. Ask if you are in network with Georgia Emergency Urgent Care Centers – St. Joseph’s/Candler Urgent Care (South Georgia Urgent Care in Statesboro Georgia)
COST FOR SELF-PAY PATIENTS
We offer an affordable flat rate for all patients without insurance (no hidden fees):
- ILLNESS VISIT: $130 – $240 ALL INCLUSIVE
- INJURY VISIT: $160 – $240 ALL INCLUSIVE
We now accept Care Credit.